Friday, February 11, 2011

Tur-duck-en

Since I told you I would...


First, you debone all of the birds but leave the wee little leg bones intact in the turkey.  Next, open up the biggest bird, layer some stuffing on top and then lay the middle-sized bird on top of that.  Do it one more time, topping it off with the smallest bird.  Once you've got the layers down, you work your way back to the bottom stitching up each bird as you go.  Some recipes call for cranberry sauce and different types of stuffing in each layer, but I wasn't about to get that crazy.


This thing took me about 2-3 hours to prep.  I de-boned my first (and second, AND third) bird ever.  When we slaughtered our ducks a few months ago, I wrapped one up really well and stuck it in the back of the freezer expressly for this purpose.  Let me tell you, there is nothing more fulfilling then slicing open your very own hot and steamy hand-made turducken.

1 comment: